The Jackson County Sheriff's Office has reported that some of the county's roads were damaged Wednesday night in storms that moved through the area.
A news release listed these roads as being affected:
- County Road 131 in Bryant had damage at the bridge.
- County Road 291 is closed because of a bridge being washed out.
- County Road 93 at the top of the mountain is closed because of being washed out.
- County Road 91 to the state line has debris on the roadway and water in the low spots of the highway.
- Alabama Highway 65 to the state line has debris and trees in the roadway. Power lines are down and power outages are in the area. The Valley Fire Department and sheriffs deputies are clearing the way for North Alabama Electric crews to get to the state line.