Cooking fire burns teenager in Chattanooga

Cooking fire burns teenager in Chattanooga

June 17th, 2013 by Staff Report in Local - Breaking News

A 16-year-old girl was burned last night when a pan of grease ignited while she was cooking, according to a news release from the Chattanooga Fire Department.

Captain Will Andrews said in the release that the teen tried to put the grease fire out by putting water on it. As a result, she suffered first and second degree burns to both hands, a wrist and her right leg.

She was flown to the Joseph M. Still Burn Center in Augusta, Georgia. Her injuries were not thought to be life-threatening.