A movie being filmed in Blue Ridge, Ga., is holding a casting call for men, women and machines.
On Saturday, March 30, representatives from the film "Need for Speed" will be in the small North Georgia town from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., according to a news release. The casting call will held in front of Ted Weaver's body shop at 845 Main St., the release said.
The film's plot follows modern-day car racing based on the "Need for Speed" video game. The crew is planning to spend two nights at Blue Ridge's Swan Drive-in for a scene in the film, the release said.
During the casting call, the crew will be looking for:
• Men and women with cars, ages 18 to 65;
• Men and women without cars, ages 18 to 65 to play spectators ;
• Attractive girlfriend/wife types, ages 18-40.
They also will be looking for cars for the movie:
• Vintage cars and trucks (1950 through 1973);
• Muscle cars (1964 through 1972);
• Pro-touring, Rat Rods, Tuners, Hellaflush and current-year, high-performance cars.
However, they cannot use white or red cars, the release said.
If you have a car but can't bring it to the casting call, you can send in a clear photo of it.
Dress is casual and photos will be taken, the release said.
Those cast in the movie will be paid and the amount will be discussed on March 30, the release said.
For more information, go to www.tammysmithcasting.com.