A number of roads in Chattanooga will be closed or have their traffic patterns affected by the Armed Forces Day Parade today.
Also the city's traffic engineering office has reported there will be added road closings over the weekend.
Roads to be affected include:
• The curb lane of the 600 block of northbound Market Street will be closed today from 7 a.m. to 2 p.m. to install and remove the reviewing stand for the Armed Forces Day Parade.
• Market Street from Martin Luther King Boulevard to 12th Street will be closed today from 7:30 to 10:45 a.m. for the Armed Forces Day Parade lineup assembly.
• Market Street and the intersecting cross streets (one block each side of Market Street) from Martin Luther King Boulevard to Third Street will be closed today from 10:30 to 11:45 a.m. for the Armed Forces Parade.
• Third Street between Chestnut Street and Market Street, Broad Street between Aquarium Way and Third Street, northbound Broad Street between Third and Fourth streets, eastbound Fourth Street between Chestnut and Broad streets and Fourth Street between Broad and Cherry streets will be closed today from 10:45 to 11:45 a.m. for the Armed Forces Parade and its disbursement.
• All the streets closed in connection with the Armed Forces Day activities should be reopened by about 12:30 p.m.
• A release said parking will be prohibited on Market Street along the parade route, on Sixth Street between Market and Cherry streets and in the disbursement area of Third Street and northbound Broad Street. Parking in the 800 block of Broad Street, three meters on the southbound side of 700 Broad, and five meters on Carter Street across from the Trade Center, will be reserved. The release said parking meters will be unbagged as soon as possible after the parade, with the exception of meters in the curb lanes of 800 Broad Street, which will remain bagged for another event following the parade.
• M.L. King Boulevard between Market Street and Georgia Avenue and Market Street between East Eighth Street and M.L. King Boulevard will be closed today from 5:30 p.m. to midnight for the Nightfall Concert Series. The 800 block of Cherry Street will be closed at M.L. King Boulevard and will only be accessible from East Eighth Street. There will be limited handicapped parking in the 900 block of Georgia Avenue on the Miller Park side on the meters covered with Orange "reserved" bags, the release said.
• Reggie White Boulevard, between Main and 20th streets, will be closed Saturday beginning at 6 a.m. Eastbound 20th Street between Reggie White Boulevard and Broad Street, Broad Street to Cummings Highway and Cummings Highway from Broad Street to the Chattanooga City limits will be delayed temporarily for the beginning of the 3 State, 3 Mountain Bike Challenge beginning at 8:30 a.m. The eastbound curb lane of Cummings Highway from just east of Cummings Highway at Brown's Ferry Road to Broad Street and the north bound curb lane of Broad Street from Cummings Highway to West 26th Street will be closed beginning at approximately 8:30 a.m. and will remain closed until all cyclists have passed. West 26th Street from Broad to Chestnut streets, Chestnut Street from West 26th to West 19th streets and West 19th Street from Chestnut Street to Reggie White Boulevard will be temporarily closed until all cyclists have reached the return point on Reggie White Boulevard or at approximately 6 p.m.
• Reggie White Boulevard, between West 19th Street and the entrance to the Skate Park, will be closed Sunday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. for the Chattanooga Market.
• South Hickory Valley Road between Highway 58 and Bonny Oaks Drive and Volkswagen Drive from Discovery Drive to Bonny Oaks Drive will be closed from Sunday from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.for the Tennessee State Time Cycling Trial Championship.