Family of four loses Chattanooga home to fire

Family of four loses Chattanooga home to fire

May 5th, 2013 by Staff Report in Local - Breaking News

A fire substantially damaged a home in Rivermont early this morning.

Fire broke out in the 718 Intermont Circle home shortly before 1 a.m.

The homeowner, his father, two children and a dog all got out safely, according to a news release.

The homeowner told firefighters that the fire started in the kitchen, from an electrical cord hooked up to a toaster. The homeowner said they tried to put the fire out themselves before calling 911, according to the release.