Kitchen fire burns Hixson woman

Kitchen fire burns Hixson woman

May 7th, 2013 by Staff Report in Local - Breaking News

A woman received minor burns to her hand after a kitchen fire in Hixson around 6:30 p.m. yesterday.

Chattanooga firefighters responded to 1405 O'Neal Road but the fire was out when they arrived, according to a news release.

The woman who lived in the house used the spray nozzle from the kitchen sink to extinguish the flames and prevented the fire from getting out of control, the release stated.

Her burns were reportedly treated on the scene by her fiancé, who happens to be a registered nurse. Firefighters advised her to have the injury checked out by her personal physician.

The cause of the fire has been ruled accidental, most likely from food being left unattended on the stove. The dollar loss was estimated at around $10,000.