The Chattanooga Transportation Department has reported roads in the city that will be closing for special events over the next couple of days.
- West Mississippi Avenue from Dallas Road to Mount Vernon Avenue will be closed Saturday from 5 a.m. to 10 p.m. for Normalpalooza. Dartmouth Street from Curve to West Mississippi Avenue will be closed to through traffic.
- Hamilton Place Boulevard from the entrance to Academy Sports to the Ring Road, and the eastbound curb lane of Hamilton Place Boulevard from the Olive Garden driveway to Commons Boulevard will be closed Saturday from 7 to 11 a.m. for the Hamilton YMCA Reindeer Dash. Commons Boulevard will be closed to through traffic at Gunbarrel Road.
- River Street from under the Market Street Bridge to Tremont Street, Tremont Street from River Street to Frazier Avenue, the eastbound curb lane of Frazier Avenue from the Walnut Street Bridge to Tremont Street, Walnut Street from the south end of the Walnut Street Bridge to East Third Street, and East Third Street from Walnut Street to High Street will be closed Saturday from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. for the Walk For Autism. High Street from East Second Street to East Third Street will be open but motorists are advised to watch for pedestrians in this area.
- Reggie White Boulevard, between West 19th Street and the entrance to the Skate Park, will be closed Sunday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. for the Chattanooga Market.
- Mabel Street between Third Street and Fourth Street, the northbound lane of Mabel Street between Third Street and Battery Place, and the westbound curb lane of Riverside Drive from the area of the Boathouse Restaurant at 1011 Riverside Drive to the Mabel Street ramp, and the Mabel Street ramp from Riverside Drive to Mabel Street will be closed Sunday from 2 to 4: p.m. for the Veterans Day 5K Race.