Harrison home burns; no injuries

Harrison home burns; no injuries

November 10th, 2013 by Staff Report in Local Regional News

No one was injured Saturday in a house fire at 7325 Sims Road in Harrison, authorities said.

Hamilton County Emergency Services spokeswoman Amy Maxwell said in a news release that a neighbor saw the blaze at the home of Bruce Sims and called 911. Highway 58 Volunteer Fire Department arrived at 12:10 p.m. and reported heavy fire in the attic and back of the house. Tri-Community VFD also responded, and Bradley County Fire Rescue and East Ridge Fire Department were on stand-by.

Maxwell said the flames and heat caused the home's metal roof to become unstable and firefighters were ordered out, so they battled the blaze from the exterior. Sims was not home when fire crews got there but arrived soon after, she said.

The Hamilton County Sheriff's Office will investigate the fire, Maxwell said.