Fire at lawn mower repair shop on Dodds Avenue extinguished

Fire at lawn mower repair shop on Dodds Avenue extinguished

November 20th, 2013 by Staff Report in Local - Breaking News

Chattanooga firefighters put out a fire Tuesday night at Tidmore's Lawn Mower Repair in the 2300 block of Dodds Avenue.

When firefighters arrived on the scene, smoke was showing.

A guard dog initially caused concern to firefighters, but eventually they forced entry into the building and extinguished the fire in the workshop.

A news release from the Chattanooga Fire Department said the cause of the fire appears to be accidental with the cause likely being a kerosene heater placed to close to combustible materials in the workshop.


Loading...