The Chattanooga Transportation Department has announced a number of roads will be closed in the area over the next couple of days for special events.
Among the closings are:
- The northbound right lane of Carter Street between West 11th and West 13th streets will be closed Friday and Saturdayfrom 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. for test drive vehicles for the Society of Environmental Journalists National Conference.
- The southbound Veterans Bridge exit ramp and Riverfront Parkway at the western parking lot entrance underneath the Olgiati Bridge and Aquarium Way will be closed Friday beginning at 9 a.m. through Sunday at 6 a.m. for the Three Sisters Music Festival. Riverside Drive at Aquarium Way and Riverfront Parkway at Molly Lane will be closed to truck traffic. Power Alley will be open to just north of the parking lot entrance. Detours will be posted.
- Fort Street, between West 13th and West 14th streets, will be closed beginning at 5 p.m. on Friday and extending until midnight on Saturday for the the McCallie School 10-year reunion.
- Pineville Road and Moccasin Bend Road from Hudson Road to Moccasin Bend Hospital will be closed to through traffic Saturday from 7:30 to 11:30 a.m. for the Johnson Mental Health Center 10K Road Race. Motorists are advised to watch for runners in the area.
- The northbound curb lane of Market Street from Aquarium Way to Frazier Avenue, the eastbound curb lane of Frazier Avenue from the Market Street Bridge to the Walnut Street Bridge, and the 100 block of Walnut Street will be closed Saturday from 3 to 7 p.m. for the Chattanooga Zombie Walk.
- Reggie White Boulevard, between West 19th Street and the entrance to the Skate Park, will be closed Sunday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. for the Chattanooga Market.
- M.L. King Boulevard from Market Street to Georgia Avenue, and Cherry Street from just south of the parking garage entrance to King Boulevard, will be closed Sunday from to 8 p.m. for the Pride Festival.