The Chattanooga Transportation Department has announced some streets that will be closed over the next couple of days for events.
- Reggie White Boulevard, between West 19th Street and the entrance to the Skate Park, will be closed from Friday at 8 am.m through 5 p.m. Monday for Chattanooga Market OctoberFest.
- East 14th Street, between Olive and Gulf streets, will be closed from Thursday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. for the Rotary Club Habitat House Dedication.
- 38th Street from Central Avenue to Alton Park Boulevard and the northbound lane of Alton Park and Market Street from 38th Street to the Howard School of Academics and Technology will be closed Friday from 5:15 to 6:30 p.m. for the Howard High School Homecoming Parade.
- Reggie White Boulevard from Main Street to West 20th Street and the inside north and southbound lanes of West 20th Street/Riverfront Parkway from Chestnut Street to Molly Street will be closed Saturday from 7 to 11 a.m. for the OLPH Ram Run.
- Eastbound Third Street from Power Alley to Market Street, the north bound curb lane of Market Street from Third Street to Frazier Avenue, the eastbound curb lane of Frazier Avenue from Market Street to the Walnut Street bridge, Walnut Street from the south end of the bridge to East Third Street, westbound Third Street from Walnut Street to Chestnut Street, the northbound curb lane of Chestnut Street to Aquarium Way, westbound Aquarium Way from Chestnut Street to Power Alley and Power Alley from Aquarium Way to West Third Street will be closed Saturday from 9 a.m. to noon for the Tennessee Valley Heart Walk.
- Beginning at approximately 6:30 a.m., there will be numerous street and lane closures in both the downtown and northeast areas on Riverside Drive, Amnicola Highway, the C.B. Robinson Bridge, North Access Road and southbound Highway 153 for the 7 Bridges Marathon on Sunday . The Market Street Bridge and Market Street from Cherokee Boulevard to Aquarium Way will be temporarily closed until all the runners have cleared the road.