The Chattanooga Transportation Department has announced some streets will be closed over the next couple of days for events.
- Reggie White Boulevard between West 19th Street and the entrance to the Skate Park, West 19th Street between Reggie White Boulevard and Chestnut Street, and Chestnut Street from the south entrance to Finley Stadium to West 19th Street will be closed on Friday from 4 to 11 p.m. for the Sale Creek home football game. It was noted that West 17th Street will be closed to through traffic from Broad to Chestnut streets.
- Chestnut Street between West 13th and West Main streets, Fort Street between West 13th and West Main streets and West 14th Street between Carter and Chestnut streets will be closed on Friday at 4:30 p.m. to Saturday at 10 p.m. for the Coker Tire Cruise In.
- Patten Parkway and the right lane of Lindsay Street from East Eighth Street to the southwest corner of Patten Parkway at Lindsay Street will be closed Saturday from 8 a.m. to midnight for the Chattanooga Burger Battle.
- Hamill Road, between Bagwell Avenue and Hixson Pike, will be closed on Sunday from 7:30 to 11 a.m. for the Sports Barn Junior Triathlon.
- The northbound inside lane of West 20th Street/Riverfront Parkway from Chestnut to Molly streets, the southbound inside lanes of Riverfront Parkway from Molly Street to Main Street, the eastbound inside lane of West Main Street from Riverfront Parkway to Carter Street, northbound Carter Street from Main Street to West 13th Street, the northbound curb lane of Carter Street from West 13th to West 11th streets, the eastbound lane of West 11th Street from Carter to Chestnut streets, and southbound Chestnut Street from West 11th to West 20th streets will be closed on Sunday from 8 to 11 a.m. for the Chattanooga Market 8K Run.
- Reggie White Boulevard, between West 19th Street and the entrance to the Skate Park, will be closed Sunday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. for the Chattanooga Market.
- Chestnut Street between West 13th and West Main streets, Fort Street between West 13th and West Main streets and West 14th Street between Carter and Chestnut streets will be closed on Monday from 5 to 8 p.m. for the Glidden Tour.