The Chattanooga-Hamilton County NAACP has announced it will recognize key award recipients Oct. 12 when it hosts the 26th Annual Ruby Hurley image Awards at the Tivoli Theatre.
To be saluted at the event are:
- Warren Logan and the Urban League, Education Award;
- State Rep. JoAnne Favors, Ruby Hurley Humanitarian of the Year;
- Joe A. Rowe, James R. Mapp Award;
- Warbrit Lowery, Viola Mapp Membership Award;
- and Hannah Martin, inaugural honoree of the Hannah Martin Spirit of Dedication Award.
The awards show begins at 7 p.m. and, according to a news release, tickets may be bought at the NAACP office at 601 E. M.L. King Blvd. or the Memorial Auditorium.
People seeking added information should call (423) 432-9776, the release said.