PORT WENTWORTH, Ga. - Co-workers of a power line worker are credited with saving him from death after a jolt of electricity surged through his body near the Georgia coast.
Authorities say the 35-year-old subcontractor for Georgia Power Co. was shocked Tuesday afternoon, while in a raised bucket working on power lines in Port Wentworth.
Port Wentworth Police Chief Matt Libby tells The Savannah Morning News that co-workers brought the man down, called 911 and began to render aid that included CPR.
Libby said that if the man survives, the only reason is because his co-workers knew what to do. The police chief said the man had a pulse and was breathing on his own by the time he was taken to a hospital.
No further information on his condition was available early today.