The Chattanooga Transportation Department has announced a number of Chattanooga streets are being closed over the next couple of days to accommodate special events.
- Chestnut Street from West Main Street to West 13th Street, Fort Street from West Main Street to West 13th Street, and West 14th Street from Chestnut Street to Carter Street will be closed from 4 p.m. Friday until 10 p.m. on Saturday for the Coker Tire Chattanooga Cruise In.
- Martin Luther King Boulevard between Broad Street and Georgia Avenue, Market Street between East 10th Street and East Eighth Street, and Cherry Street between East Eighth Street and Martin Luther King Boulevard will be closed Friday from 5:30 11:00 p.m. for the Art Car Ball.
- Oak Street from Houston Street to Douglas Street, Douglas Street from McCallie Avenue to East Fifth Street, East Fifth Street from Collins Street to Douglas Street, and the shoulder of westbound Riverside Drive from Mabel Street to the Boathouse Restaurant will be closed Saturday from 9 to 11:30 a.m. for the Smile to Remember 5K Walk for Ovarian Cancer Awareness.
- Broad Street from East Third Street to Main Street, Main Street from Broad Street to Rossville Avenue, and Wilhoit Street from Rossville Avenue to Main Street will have a rolling closure on Saturday between noon and 1:30 pm. for the Scenic City Art Car Parade.
- Reggie White Boulevard from the entrance to the Skate Park to Riverfront Parkway, West 19th Street from Chestnut Street to Reggie White Boulevard, Riverfront Parkway from Chestnut Street to Martin Luther King Boulevard, and the inside lanes of Riverfront Parkway from Martin Luther King Boulevard to Molly Lane will be closed Satruday from 5 to 11 p.m. for the Glow Run for Girls on the Run.
- Reggie White Boulevard from the entrance to the Skate Park to Riverfront Parkway will be closed from 8 a.m. on April 10 until 8 a.m. on April 14 for the 4 Bridges Art Festival.