2-year-old nearly dies after sniffing pill

2-year-old nearly dies after sniffing pill

April 28th, 2014 by WRCB-TV Channel 3 in Local - Breaking News

A two-year-old from McMinn County is in serious condition in the hospital after apparently getting into the family's medicine cabinet. The McMinn County's Sheriff's report says the circumstances are "very suspicious".

Police were called out to a house on County Road 850 after the mother found the child not breathing. The officer said the child inside was cold to the touch, with blue lips, and barely breathing.

The mother at first said none of her medications were missing, but then admitted the child had sniffed a pill Wednesday night, and was acting 'unusual' the rest of the night.

Read more from our news partners at WRCB.