Firefighters put out Collegedale house fire this morning

Firefighters put out Collegedale house fire this morning

August 12th, 2014 by Staff Report in Local - Breaking News

Firefighters extinguished a house fire in Collegedale this morning.

It happened at 5234 Loblolly Lane around 12:53 a.m.

Flames were appearing in the attic area, and were put out within 10 minutes. The fire started in the attic above the utility room due to an electrical problem, according to a news release from the fire department.

All residents escaped without injury. The house sustained about $5,000 in damages.