ATLANTA - Police say a suspected Molotov cocktail and several plastic bottles filled with gasoline and kerosene were found at the scene of a fire that severely burned a Georgia Tech graduate student.
The Federal Bureau of Investigation and local police are investigating the Tuesday afternoon blaze inside an apartment in midtown Atlanta.
The student, Saamer Akhshabi, was in Grady Memorial Hospital with third-degree burns over 90 percent of his body, police told The Atlanta Journal-Constitution.
Firefighters were called to the apartment on 10th Street around 4:15 p.m. Tuesday and found the student with severe burns to his hands, arms and chest.
Georgia Institute of Technology officials said the school is working with law enforcement officials in the investigation and providing assistance to the student, his family and his classmates.