Elderly man dies after pajamas catch fire in Chattanooga

Elderly man dies after pajamas catch fire in Chattanooga

February 18th, 2014 by WRCB-TV Channel 3 in Local - Breaking News

An 80-year-old man whose pajamas caught fire Monday morning has died, Vanderbilt Medical Center staff confirm.

The fire happened around 7 Monday morning at the Vista Ridge Apartments off Card Road.

Soddy Daisy Fire Chief Mike Guffey said Ralph Grissom was trying to keep warm at the stove when his pajamas caught fire. He jumped into the shower to put out the flames.

Read more from our news partners at WRCB.