Car wash fire in Chattanooga caused by heater

Car wash fire in Chattanooga caused by heater

January 31st, 2014 by Staff Report in Local - Breaking News

Fire at Swifty Express Car Wash. Photo by Teri Rose

Photo by

A Chattanooga car wash caught on fire this morning after a heater was placed too close to the cloth wraps that spin around to wash vehicles, according to a news release.

The fire began shortly before 7 a.m. at Swifty Express Car Wash located at 4907 Highway 58.

Though the flames reached into the attic, firefighters were able to extinguish the fire in less than 15 minutes. No injuries were reported.

The loss was estimated at $20,000.