The most memorable quotes in the Chattanooga Times Free Press for June 29-July 3:
"Obviously they weren't selling this stuff out there for medical purposes."
- Manchester police chief investigator Billy Butler on finding "dabs," a new, high-potency form of marijuana, at the Bonnaroo Music & Arts Festival in June
"If they say they're going to hurt you and they keep harassing you, they will."
- Vickie Penny, whose daughter, Crystal Ostrum, died Sunday from multiple gun blasts fired into her home. Ostrum's ex-boyfriend, Jeremy Scott Ritchie, is charged with criminal homicide in the attack.
"It's definitely been a turnaround year. That's not to say when you turn around, you can rest."
- Erlanger Chief Financial Officer Britt Tabor on the hospital's improving financial picture
"I presided over the vote that fixed the lock system, and that's proof I'm doing the right thing."
- U.S. Rep. Chuck Fleischmann, in one of several sharp exchanges with challenger Weston Wamp during their debate Wednesday.
"The problem is, he didn't fix the lock."
- Wamp's reply to Fleischmann's statement