CARLE PLACE, N.Y. - A Dunkin' Donuts customer looking for a morning cup of coffee was in the right place at the right time with the right equipment.
Authorities say an ambulance technician wearing a carbon monoxide detector entered the store in Carle Place, New York, at around 4 a.m. Friday.
The tech's detector went off, indicating high levels of the poisonous gas.
The technician hustled the employees out of the fast-food joint and notified authorities. An investigation found a vent in one of the ovens was the problem.
Carbon monoxide is odorless and colorless, and prolonged exposure can be fatal.