Chattanooga police alert sleeping man to fire

Chattanooga police alert sleeping man to fire

December 13th, 2015 by Staff Report in Local Regional News

Fire

35.020241, -85.240205
Directions To | Directions From

Late Saturday night the Chattanooga Fire Department was dispatched to 3929 Manor Road on a possible fire at Park Terrace Apartments.

When the fire department responded, they were advised by Chattanooga police that the fire was out and all parties were out. Chattanooga police officers kicked the door in and woke one of the occupants. The occupant then put the fire out using a pan of water.

Hamilton County EMS was called to the scene to check the occupants' carbon monoxide levels and also the four CPD officers who entered the apartment. All parties were checked and all were all OK.

The estimated dollar loss was $10,000. The kitchen sustained smoke and heat damage and the remaining part of the apartment had heavy smoke damage.

The fire was started when the occupant fell asleep with grease heating up on the stove. The cause of the fire will be ruled accidental.


Loading...