Smoke alarm installed Friday saves Chattanooga man, dogs Saturday

Smoke alarm installed Friday saves Chattanooga man, dogs Saturday

December 19th, 2015 by Staff Report in Local Regional News

The Chattanooga fire department personnel who installed smoke alarms and handed out fire safety information to residents along 7th Avenue and nearby streets. Volunteers with the American Red Cross of Southeast Tennessee also participated in this event.

Photo by Contributed Photo /Times Free Press.

Seventh Avenue

34.999243, -85.285619
Directions To | Directions From
A Seventh Avenue man was asleep in his home Saturday afternoon when the smoke alarm installed the previous day by the Chattanooga Fire Department sounded. 

The man woke to see the walls and drapes ablaze and sparks spitting from an electrical outlet, fire department spokesman Bruce Garner said in a news release. 

Firefighters arrived at the single-story home to find the man safely outside, but his three dogs were still inside. The firefighters rescued all three dogs unharmed and put the fire out from inside the house, Garner said. 

Another fire in East Lake the previous day left six people homeless.


Loading...