"I don't think they should have given him one dime."
- Dade County Executive Ted Rumley, on the $325,000 severance that Charles Stewart, the former CEO of Hutcheson Medical Center, will receive under the terms of his employment contract
"I might have smoked a joint the night before, but I hadn't done nothing that day. I was not impaired one bit."
- David Wilkey, on findings that he had THC - marijuana's key ingredient - in his system when the fishing boat he was operating was struck by a barge on the Tennessee River last year, killing the two men with him
"Everything that I worried about when I woke up every morning is gone. That's the most beautiful house I've ever seen."
- Michael Sharrock, on how the new home his family received from "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition" has changed their lives
"I still have a bullet in me. Do you think that's fair?"
- Cecil Stodghill, criticizing the five-year sentence handed to the man who shot him last year
"I believe you love dogs, but I'm having a big-time problem with 19 dogs in a trailer."
- Chattanooga City Court Judge Russell Bean, speaking to Winston Andrew O'Dell Jr., after 19 Chihuahuas were taken from his trailer