A 24-year-old man who had been released and sent back to federal prison on weapons charges now is facing allegations that he robbed a couple of cash and marijuana at gunpoint.
Michael Branham, a police-identified "Rollin' Sixty" gang member, was in Hamilton County General Sessions Court Judge Clarence Shattuck's courtroom on Thursday. Branham is charged with aggravated robbery and aggravated robbery in connection with the robbery.
The judge raised Branham's bond to $75,000 and sent his case to the grand jury for possible indictment.
Branham was sent to federal prison for weapons charges resulting from police investigations into 2006 gang-related killings. After two years in prison and while on supervised release, Branham was arrested for selling crack-cocaine and sent back to prison.
Regika Tillery and Reginald Hubbard told police that Branham, since released from prison, robbed them on March 10. Police arrested Branham during saturation patrols in East Chattanooga earlier this month.
According to court records, Branham has had more than 20 charges filed against him, ranging from joyriding to drug and assault charges dating back to 2003 in Hamilton County.
Chief U.S. District Judge Curtis Collier sentenced the following defendants to prison for methamphetamine-related charges on Thursday:
• Charles Bowman - 21 years for conspiracy to manufacture and distribute meth from August 2008 until January 2010.
• Eugene Trent - Seven years for conspiracy to manufacture and distribute meth with 20 co-defendants from January 2005 until April 2010.
• Sheena Oliver - Four years for conspiracy to manufacture and distribute meth from March 2006 until July 2010.
• Joshua Robinson - 30 years for possession with intent to distribute meth on Nov. 19, 2009.
• Lisa Danneman - 12 years for possession with intent to distribute meth on Nov. 19, 2009.
U.S. District Judge Harry "Sandy" Mattice sentenced Scottie Allen McGee to five years in prison on Monday for conspiring to manufacture and distribute methamphetamine from January 2009 until June 2010.