1) FATHER OF 3 IS CITY'S FIRST HOMICIDE VICTIM OF THE YEAR
28-year-old Edward Glenn, a father of three, was shot more than once when two gunmen entered a home on O'Rear Street on Thursday. Glenn died at the scene, Chattanooga's first homicide victim of 2013. As of Thursday night, no arrest had been made in his death.
2) COMMISSIONERS TO VOTE ON PROPOSED SHOOTING RANGE
Hamilton County commissioners will decide next week whether to fund a gun range for area law enforcement officers. The Chattanooga Police Department and Hamilton County Sheriff's Office outlined plans Thursday for a $4 million indoor firing range at the old Farmer's Market off 11th Street.
3) TRUSTEE GOES AFTER BROWN FAMILY ASSETS
The trustee charged that Brown and his family acquired virtually all of their money, property and possessions as a result of a long-term Ponzi scheme that began more than 12 years ago. The Browns had little or no income outside of the scheme and were forced to prop up the family's businesses using funds from continually attracting new investors, the trustee wrote.
4) EAST RIDGE TO GIVE WORKERS BONUSES, PUTTING CITY INTO $100,000 HOLE
5) SOLAR POWER TO ENERGIZE BONNAROO FESTIVAL