University of Tennessee at Chattanooga linebacker Gunner Miller sat down with the Times Free Press to answer 10 questions. The two-year starter from East Ridge, UTC's top weight-room junkie who aspires to be a pro wrestler, offered some interesting answers. Here are the best seven:
1. What's the most memorable moment of your athletic career?
"Probably when I was 16 and I won an 18-and-up home run derby at the University of Kentucky baseball camp."
2. What athlete do you admire most?
"Tim Tebow. Everybody tells him that he can't do something, and he keeps on doing it and proving everybody wrong. He's a hard worker and won't take no for an answer."
3. Where do you see yourself or hope to be in 10 years?
"I want to be a professional wrestler. In 10 years I want to be in the WWE."
4. What skill do you have that most people don't know about?
I'm pretty good at karaoke. That's my thing. "Ice, Ice, Baby" [by Vanilla Ice] -- that's my song.
5. What part of playing college football has been the biggest surprise?
"Probably just adjusting to the speed of the game. That's been the biggest surprise. It took a while, going through my redshirt year and then the following spring, before I was used to it when I played the next year."
6. What music, if any, do you listen to before a game?
"I listen to country, usually Taylor Swift. I can't be listening to crazy music before a game, so I always listen to something country. I like to calm myself down. You calm yourself down and then when you go out to the tunnel [before taking the field], that's when you pump yourself up."
7. If you had to be stranded on a desert island with two teammates, who would they be and why?
"Don Cope and Adam Miller because they watch, like, 'The Duck Show' and 'Swamp People.' They watch all those different [reality] shows, so they'd know how to take care of me."