The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga volleyball team evened its Southern Conference record at 1-1 with a taut 3-2 win Saturday night at Wofford College. Set scores were 26-24, 25-20, 24-26, 16-25, 16-14.
Julimar Alvarado had 10 kills, Allie Davenport and Sarah Batterton had nine apiece and Lauren Gainer and Briana Reid added eight and seven for UTC (2-15). Davenport also served four aces and Reid had 19 digs, while Gainer had two block solos and four block assists. Catherine Chason had 20 assists and 10 digs, Anne Bachman set 18 assists and Melissa Green and Hannah Merkle had 22 and 14 digs.
• At Milligan College, Tenn., Bryan improved to 8-0 in the Appalachian Athletic Conference with a 3-0 victory Saturday after winning 3-1 Friday night at Virginia Intermont. The Lady Lions then went to 18-1 overall by beating first-year program Dalton State 25-13, 25-20, 25-19 in the Milligan gym.
Corrie Walker had 31 digs and Taylor Fink had 26 assists in the 25-10, 25-12, 21-25, 25-14 win at Bristol, Va., while Caroline Evans had 10 kills and Kara Stamper and Chelsea Breaden added seven apiece. Saturday, Ashley Ferris had 10 kills and Breaden and Stamper each had eight to go with Fink's 31 assists and three aces and Walker's 15 digs in a 25-19, 25-18, 25-20 cruise.
Fink had 26 assists and Walker and Madison Akins had 15 and 11 digs against Dalton State, when Stamper and Breaden downed nine and seven kills.
• At Carrollton, Ga., Lee University lost 3-1 to West Georgia in Gulf South Conference play despite 23 and 20 assists by Erin Hill and Becky Bourne and 16 kills and three block solos by Paula Martins. Latrice Johnson had 12 kills and nine digs and Libby Peigen and Deborah Magalhaes had 14 and 10 digs for the Lady Flames (5-3, 2-2) in the 25-22, 20-25, 25-17, 25-20 defeat. Kendall Williams from Ringgold was in on five blocks and had five kills for West Georgia (8-3, 2-1).
• At LaGrange, Ga., Covenant won 3-0 over both Huntingdon and LaGrange, as Chelsea VanDyk posted 12 kills and Stephanie Kirkpatrick had 23 assists and eight kills in the 25-20, 25-18, 25-20 defeat of the Alabama school and VanDyk had 14 kills and Kirkpatrick had 29 assists and 14 digs in the 25-19, 25-19, 25-22 victory over the hosts. Estes Carlson had 20 digs in the second win for the Lady Scots (9-6, 2-2 USA South); Cora Schroeder led with 13 in the opener.
• At Sewanee, Millsaps beat the Tigers 3-1 (25-17, 19-25, 25-18, 25-20) in a Southern Athletic Association match despite 18 kills from Jamie Sue Wilson and 12 from Diamond Stewart and 22 digs by Jamie Kosman. Rachel Schuman and Walker Buxton had 18 and 13 assists for Sewanee (10-5, 1-3).
• At Conway, Ark., Berry College junior Kelsey Lochstampfor from Chattanooga Christian had a season-high 15 kills in a 25-19, 25-20, 25-23 win over Hendrix that made the Vikings 11-3 overall and 5-0 in the SAA.
• At Hartsville, S.C., Carson-Newman broke a three-match losing streak by beating Coker 25-16, 25-19, 25-15 with Kristen Pickett from Cleveland High School contributing 24 assists, nine digs and three aces. She and Rachel Harper from Boyd-Buchanan had double-doubles in Friday's 3-0 loss at nationally ranked Wingate. Pickett had 33 assists, 14 digs and six kills and Harper had 11 kills and 12 digs in her eighth double-double for the Lady Eagles (7-6, 2-4 SAC).
• At Tigerville, S.C., Payton Tipton from Cleveland had 16 and 18 digs as King (13-3) won 3-0 over host North Greenville and 3-1 over Clark Atlanta.