Chattanooga brothers Joseph Francisco in a decision and Roger Hilley in a second-round TKO won their fights Saturday night in the professional boxing event at Camp Jordan Arena. Former NFL safety Tommy Zbikowski and light heavyweight Christian Montano also won by TKO.
* In Gulf South home soccer matches moved up from today against West Florida, the Lee women won 3-2 and the men played to a 0-0 draw with Tristen Putnam making seven saves for Lee (4-4-3, 3-3-1). For the Lady Flames (8-4, 7-2), Riley Engels from Summer Lanter and vice versa sandwiched goals in the first 24 minutes around two for the visitors, and Lanter's rebound goal at 60:15 of a Suzanne Arant shot off the post became the difference.
* Paige Simons, Addy Cronan, Callie Bader and Anna Robertson scored the goals and Lizzy Hightower had two assists as Covenant won 4-0 in USA South women's soccer Saturday at Berea. Cronan assisted on the first goal for the Lady Scots (6-5, 2-1). The Covenant men (5-7-1) won 3-1 at home over Pensacola Christian with goals by Carl Simakoff, Ethan Pettit and Jesse Riggs and two assists from Josh Brower.
* The Bryan College men's team lost 1-0 to undefeated Florida National but the Bryan women edged Brenau 1-0 on a late own goal Saturday in Dayton. The Lady Lions led 14-1 in shots and 7-0 in corner kicks. Florida National scored 14 minutes into the second half against the Lions (8-5).
* One night after losing 1-0 at No. 1-ranked William Carey, No. 15 Dalton State (7-3) lost by the same score Friday at No. 13 Mobile. Mobile's women also are 13th in the NAIA and beat DSC (6-3-1) 7-0.
* Ken Curran won the Moccasin Bend Fall Classic 10-kilometer race Saturday in 35:38, and Emily Bell was the women's winner and seventh overall in 38:04, just ahead of Rachel Mason. Dean Thompson was second and Joseph Wilson, Ryan McGinnis, Tripp McCallie and Tim Ensign were third through sixth. Teenagers Thomas and Shiloh Loher won the 5k race, Shiloh fourth overall just behind Charles Webb and Dean Hogan and just ahead of Keri McKay. Thomas Loher won in 18:39.
* UTC volleyball coach Travis Filar will be the guest speaker for the Chattanooga Quarterback Club's noon luncheon meeting Monday at Finley Stadium, and the public is invited. Attendance costs $12 with a meal, $4 without.