We're almost back in the saddle. We are in town - but have to spend this morning playing golf at the Honors. Yes, it's a tough gig some times. So it goes.
So from the "Talks too much" studios, as my man Eric Church has told us, "I believe the Sabbath is a day of rest; The tax man and the Devil share the same address."
So we're moving quickly today, with who won and who lost the weekend. We'll deliver five (feel free to share your views here or share with us on Press Row from 3-6 today):
* Winner: Gregg Popovich. The Spurs coach landed his fifth championship and now is third in all-time NBA titles behind Phil Jackson, who cherry-picked a couple of star-studded line-ups, and Red Auerbach, who coached in a completely different era. Popovich, for our coin, is now the best professional coach of the salary-cap era. Period.
* Loser: Chris Bosh. Dude got dunked on by Manu Ginobili. Yes, a 35-plus-year-old foreigner dunked on Bosh, a 7-footer who is among the 10-highest paid players in the NBA. Bosh was virtually a non-factor throughout the NBA Finals, averaging 14 points and five boards in the five games and getting to the foul line a grand total of 11 times. Bosh has become a 3-point-shooting specialist - he averaged more 3s than free throws in the finals - which seems wasteful for the guy that was the highest-paid player (along with LeBron James) on the floor in the NBA Finals.
* Winner: Martin Kaymer. Dude was nearly flawless and cruised to the U.S. Open by like 12 billion shots. We would know the exact score but it was so boring and blah-tastic that we turned it off and watered the flowers. Which brings us to....
* Loser: Golf. Gang, we're a fan of the grand old game and actually want to find an interesting angle and whatnot. But this is the second major of the year - and the two most interesting tournaments on the calendar - that was a snoozefest. Kaymer's brilliance on Thursday and Friday were a big part of the Father's Day nap that was Sunday's final round, but egad, that was no fun.
* Losers: All of us, because Casey Kasem died this weekend. Keep your feet on the ground and keep reaching for the stars.
Question(s) - Of course you can say who won the weekend. If you need one how about a Rushmore of DJ's in honor of Casey - "This long distance dedication is in honor of Patty..." - or a Rushmore of Gregs in honor of Pop.