Team East with half of its 14 golfers from the Chattanooga claimed a 15.5 to 12.5 win overt Team West in the second annual Tennessee Junior Cup hosted by Scott Stallings and Friends this past weekend at The Grove Club near Franklin, Tenn. Team East entered singles play Sunday with an 8.5-5.5 lead and the two teams split the 14 singles matches. Area winners Sunday in singles included Chattanooga Christian's Scott Stevens, Manchester's Matt Johnson and St. Andrew's-Sewanee golfer Jenna Burris.
• The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga women's golf team finished eighth out of 12 teams in the Diane Thomason Invitational at Iowa City, Iowa, with a 932 total for 54 holes. UTC's final-round 305 helped them move past Middle Tennessee and Kansas State on the final day. Emily McLennan led the Mocs on Sunday with a 72, and she was the highest UTC finisher at 229 to tie for 15th place. Jordan Britt finished at 233 in a tie for 26th, followed by Agathe Sauzon (235), Isabella Loza (240) and Porsche Campbell (248). Mette Kryger, playing as an individual, finished with a score of (233) to tie with Britt for 26th place.
• The UTC women's soccer team lost 1-0 in overtime to Western Carolina in a Southern Conference game Sunday at Finley Stadium. After the two teams were scoreless in regulation, Kimberly Sullivan scored on a header off a corner kick to give the Catamounts the win.
• Lee University scored three first-half goals on the way to a 5-3 win at West Alabama in Gulf Coast Conference women's soccer Sunday. Leah Fortune led the Lady Flames with two goals and two assists in the win. Lee also had goals by Danielle Ciabattone, Laura Thacker and Summer Lanter.
• The Sewanee soccer teams were swept in a Southern Athletic Association doubleheader Sunday at Birmingham-Southern, losing 2-0 in the women's game and 2-1 in the men's. In the men's match, Ford Emerson gaves the Tigers an early 1-0 lead on a goal assisted by Will Thomas in the fifth minute of play, but Birminghams Southern tied the match in the 33rd minute and took the lead just after the half. The women's loss snaps a six-match winning streak and is just the Tigers second loss of the season.
• UTC lost 3-1 at Davidson in Southern Conference volleyball Sunday. The set scores were 27-25, 25-15, 14-25, 25-15. UTC sophomore Briana Reid posted a double-double with 14 kills and 18 digs. Libero Melissa Green had 22 digs, and Freshman Kendall Sexton had 10 kills in the loss.
• While the 2013 Chickamauga Battlefield Marathon and Half Marathon officially is sold out, some runners still can be accepted through a Chattanooga Track Club joint endeavor with the Children's Hospital Foundation. It's called Miracle Team, and it involves helping raise funds to support services offered by Children's Hospital at Erlanger. Participants are asked to raise at least $250 by Nov. 6, three days before the races. Boys and girls ages 6-12 who want to run the last leg of the 2013 Junior Marathon can help the Miracle Team as well. For more information, see www.runformiracles.org or email email@example.com or call 778-2679.
Baylor School graduate Channing Gordon had five tackles and two interceptions in the Tigers' 19-14 homecoming win over Campbellsville University on Saturday.