* Soddy-Daisy chapter of Tennessee Trails Association hikes: Saturday, Prentice Cooper, moderate 6 miles (meet at 8 a.m. at Food City parking lot in Red Bank; call George Bonneau at 842-3619); Tuesday, Greenway Farm, moderate 4 miles (meet at 8 a.m. at GF dog park; call Donna Pyers at 352-812-4845); Sept. 9, rock climbers parking lot to Big Soddy Gulf, slightly strenuous 5 miles (will stage vehicles; meet at 8 a.m. at Durham Street parking lot in Soddy-Daisy; call Trish Appleton at 240-3443); Sept. 12, Leggett Road to McGill Creek, moderate 4 miles (meet at 8 a.m. at Durham Street lot; call Bonneau at 842-3619).
* Sunset strolls to Sunset Point: Saturdays through November, 5-9 p.m., Cloudland Canyon State Park; meet at West Rim access parking lot, fee $5. Ranger-guided, start times vary with time of sunset (check for specifics at visitor center). Call 706-657-4050.
* Beginner mountain bike rides: Sundays through November, 9 a.m., Cloudland Canyon State Park; ages 13 to adult, bikes available for rental from visitor center, helmets required, $10-$15. Call 706-657-4050.
* "Jaws on the Water": Sunday, 9 p.m., Tom Fuller Park on Watts Bar Lake at Rockwood; floating in the lake while watching the movie "Jaws"; participants can provide their own floats or rent them from Rockwood Parks & Recreation; tickets at www.eventbrite.com/e/jaws-on-the-water-movie-on-a-tube-tickets-36805282591. Contact Chase Clem at firstname.lastname@example.org or 865-805-2103.
* Rapid Learning whitewater kayaking practice: Wednesdays, 6-7 & 7-8 p.m. (but canceled Sept. 6), Chester Frost Park, end of the swimming beach by the first boat ramp; family-friendly for ages 8-up; first-timers free, equipment provided, reservations not required; yearly membership $75, family membership $125. Email email@example.com or call 643-6888.
* Adaptive cycling program: Sept. 11 & 25, 5:30 p.m., from Hubert Fry Center at Tennessee Riverpark; sponsored by SPARC & city of Chattanooga therapeutic recreation division; recumbent 3-wheelers, hand cycles & tandem bikes available; free but pre-registration required through Jerry at firstname.lastname@example.org or 596-5268 or Elaine at email@example.com or 697-1345. Also, volunteers email firstname.lastname@example.org.
' Tennessee Valley Canoe Club meeting: Sept. 12, 6-7 p.m., Outdoor Chattanooga, Coolidge Park.
* Local Tennessee Ornithological Society meeting: Sept. 14, 7 p.m., Ascension Lutheran Church, 720 S. Germantown Road. Contact David Stone at email@example.com or 238-4234.
* Tennessee River Gorge kayak trip: Sept. 16, 8 a.m.-1:30 p.m., lunch stop at bird observatory; beginner-friendly with staff & kayaks from Outdoor Chattanooga; ages 14-up, only 10 spots available; $50. Register at www.trgt.org/events.
* Chickamauga Battlefield free bike tour: Sept. 16 & Oct. 19, 9:30 a.m., leisurely 2 hours from visitors center with history talks; adults & kids ages 8-up (with adult) welcome; helmets required; bicycles available by calling 706-866-9241.
* Chattanooga Bicycle Club meeting: Sept. 18, 6-7 p.m., Outdoor Chattanooga, Coolidge Park.
* Chattanooga Hiking Club meeting: Oct. 1, 6:30-8:30 p.m., Outdoor Chattanooga, Coolidge Park.