* River Rocks: Throughout October; multiple events & sites. See www.riverrockschattanooga.com.
* Fireside free outdoor concert series: Thursdays in October, 7-9 p.m., Greenway Farm's Sniteman Log Cabin; Caney Creek Company tonight, Cannon Hunt Oct. 19, Randy Steele Oct. 26. Email email@example.com or call 643-6888.
* Local Tennessee Ornithological Society meeting: Today, 7 p.m., Ascension Lutheran Church, 720 S. Germantown Road. Contact David Stone at firstname.lastname@example.org or 238-4234.
* Soddy-Daisy chapter of Tennessee Trails Association hikes: Friday-Sunday, TTA annual meeting, DuBose Conference Center, Monteagle; Tuesday, Camp Jordan Park, easy 4 miles (meet at 9 a.m. at Target lot on Hwy. 153; call Bob McGavock at 667-2960; Oct. 21, Cravens House, moderate 4 miles (meet at 9 a.m. at Food City lot in Red Bank; call Nancy Allen at 344-1118; Oct. 24, Fiery Gizzard Trail, moderate 4 miles (meet at 9 a.m. at Food City lot in Red Bank; call Trish Appleton at 240-3443); Oct. 28, Cloudland Canyon to Ascalon trailhead, easy to moderate 5 miles (will stage vehicles, $5 parking fee; meet at 9 a.m. at Food City parking lot in Red Bank; call George Bonneau at 842-3619).
* Sunset strolls to Sunset Point: Saturdays through November, 5-9 p.m., Cloudland Canyon State Park; meet at West Rim access parking lot, fee $5. Ranger-guided, start times vary with time of sunset (check for specifics at visitor center). Call 706-657-4050.
* Harrison Bay Star Party: Saturday, 7-11 p.m.; hosted by Barnard Astronomical Society; chance to learn about "Scary Astronomy and Superstitions" & look through telescopes for free.
* Beginner mountain bike rides: Sundays through November, 9 a.m., Cloudland Canyon State Park; ages 13 to adult, bikes available for rental from visitor center, helmets required, $10-$15. Call 706-657-4050.
* Family Funday at Greenway Farm: Sunday, 3-6 p.m.; canoeing ($25, 3-5 p.m.), archery, hiking; for all activities, meet at archery range next to dog park. Email email@example.com or call 643-6888.
* Chattanooga Bicycle Club meeting: Monday, 6-7 p.m., Outdoor Chattanooga, Coolidge Park.
* Chickamauga Battlefield free bike tour: Oct. 21, 9:30 a.m., leisurely 2 hours from visitors center with history talks; adults & kids ages 8-up (with adult) welcome; helmets required. Bicycles can be reserved by calling 706-866-9241.
* Adaptive cycling program: Oct. 23, 5:30 p.m., from Hubert Fry Center at Tennessee Riverpark; sponsored by SPARC & city of Chattanooga therapeutic recreation division; recumbent 3-wheelers, hand cycles & tandem bikes available; free but pre-registration required through Jerry at firstname.lastname@example.org or 596-5268 or Elaine at email@example.com or 697-1345. Also, volunteers email firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Interscholastic Climbing League: High school & middle school teams compete in six meets through the winter with High Point Climbing downtown, Riverside & Tennessee Bouldering Authority as partner-hosts; team needs at least 5 students plus a coach or team sponsor, but individuals from schools without teams can contact Outdoor Chattanooga at email@example.com or 643-6888.