* Soddy-Daisy chapter of Tennessee Trails Association hikes: Saturday, Retro Hughes Road to Immodium Falls & back, slightly strenuous 6 miles (meet at 8 a.m. at Durham Street parking lot in Soddy-Daisy; call Boodie Fox at 842-1178); Tuesday, Signal Mountain MS/HS Blue loop, including Mushroom Rock, moderate 5 miles (meet at 9 a.m. at Food City lot in Red Bank; call Kathy Daniels at 931-265-1661); Oct. 7, Chickamauga Battlefield, moderate 7 miles (meet at 9 a.m. at Food City lot in Red Bank; call Trish Appleton at 240-3443.); Oct. 10, White Oak Mountain, moderate 4.5 miles (meet at 9 a.m. at Target parking lot on Hwy 153; call Donna Pyers at 352-812-4845).
* Sunset strolls to Sunset Point: Saturdays through November, 5-9 p.m., Cloudland Canyon State Park; meet at West Rim access parking lot, fee $5. Ranger-guided, start times vary with time of sunset (check for specifics at visitor center). Call 706-657-4050.
* Beginner mountain bike rides: Sundays through November, 9 a.m., Cloudland Canyon State Park; ages 13 to adult, bikes available for rental from visitor center, helmets required, $10-$15. Call 706-657-4050.
* Chattanooga Hiking Club meeting: Monday, 6:30-8:30 p.m., Outdoor Chattanooga, Coolidge Park.
* Public meeting on Georgia wild turkey hunting: Wednesday, 7 p.m., Pickens County administrative offices, 1266 E. Church St., Suite 168, Jasper, Ga.; opportunity to provide input on Strategic Management Plan for Wild Turkeys in Georgia. Comments also can be made by email (email@example.com), phone (770-918-6404) or mail (Georgia DNR Wildlife Resources Division, 2067 U.S. Hwy. 278, SE, Social Circle, GA 30025).
* Mountain to Town bike adventure: Oct. 7, 10 a.m., beginner-friendly Guild Trail to Tennessee Riverwalk in St. Elmo and on into downtown; about 2 hours, ages 12-up; shuttle & instruction (& mountain bike, too, if needed) provided by Outdoor Chattanooga; $25. Pre-registration required at firstname.lastname@example.org or 643-6888.
* Adaptive cycling program: Oct. 9, 5:30 p.m., from Hubert Fry Center at Tennessee Riverpark; sponsored by SPARC & city of Chattanooga therapeutic recreation division; recumbent 3-wheelers, hand cycles & tandem bikes available; free but pre-registration required through Jerry at email@example.com or 596-5268 or Elaine at firstname.lastname@example.org or 697-1345. Also, volunteers can email email@example.com.
* Tennessee Valley Canoe Club meeting: Oct. 10, 6-7 p.m., Outdoor Chattanooga, Coolidge Park.
* Sunset hike at Stringer's Ridge: Oct. 11, 6:30-8 p.m.; about 3 miles round trip; free, beginner-friendly, guided by Outdoor Chattanooga personnel; appropriate for ages 8-up, with adult; reservations required. Call 643-6888.
* Local Tennessee Ornithological Society meeting: Oct. 12, 7 p.m., Ascension Lutheran Church, 720 S. Germantown Road. Contact David Stone at firstname.lastname@example.org or 238-4234.
* Chattanooga Bicycle Club meeting: Oct. 16, 6-7 p.m., Outdoor Chattanooga, Coolidge Park.
* Chickamauga Battlefield free bike tour: Oct. 19, 9:30 a.m., leisurely 2 hours from visitors center with history talks; adults & kids ages 8-up (with adult) welcome; helmets required; bicycles available by calling 706-866-9241.
* Interscholastic Climbing League: High school & middle school teams in six meets through the winter with High Point Climbing downtown, Riverside & Tennessee Bouldering Authority as partner-hosts; a team needs at least 5 students plus a coach or team sponsor, but individuals from schools without teams can contact Outdoor Chattanooga at email@example.com or 643-6888.