Devan Cyree (Tullahoma) major dec. Andrew Long (Ravenwood), 14-0; Luke Mullin (Notre Dame) pinned Matthew Kieta (Pigeon Forge), 4:40; Toribio Navarro (Bradley Central) major dec. Nathan Carter (Cordova), 9-0; Kevin Knier (West Creek) tech. fall over Ronardo Bussey (Howard), 15-0, 3:35.
* Kelsey Kilgore, Whitwell: She had 14 points and four steals in the Lady Tigers' 56-42 win over Marion County in the District 6-A basketball tournament quarterfinals.
Thursday at Williamson County Agricultural Expo
• Erin Hill, Sale Creek: She filled up the stat sheet with 28 points, 11 rebounds, five assists, three steals and three blocks in a 65-51 basketball win over South Pittsburg.
• Max Miller, McMinn Central: With 20 points, he scored one point less than a third of the Chargers' total in a 61-48 basketball win at Arts & Science.
* Brooke Copeland, Bradley Central: Her 20 points paced the Bearettes' 69-29 District 5-AAA basketball win over Ooltewah.
• Stedmon Ford, Notre Dame: The high-scoring senior lit up Signal Mountain with 36 points in a 75-56 win.
• Jacob Campbell, Grundy County: He hit 10 3-pointers in a 38-point night as the Yellow Jackets outdistanced Marion County 97-67 in basketball.
* Cole Birchfield, Dade County: He had four 3-pointers and 40 points as the Wolverines held off Coosa, 71-65.
* Leondra Barrett, Ooltewah: She scored 32 of her team's 54 points in an 11-point District 5-AAA basketball win over Soddy-Daisy.
Katelyn Lee, Gordon Lee: Her 18 points led the Lady Trojans to a 72-24 basketball defeat of Excel Christian.
Who are absolute favorites for Tennessee state duals wrestling championships this weekend? Defending champions?
* Orlando Moore, Brainerd: He poured in 27 points, grabbed 20 rebounds and blocked five shots in the Panthers' 70-35 District 6-AA basketball win over Hixson.
• Kassidy Blevins, Gordon Lee: The Lady Trojans senior scored 14 points, surpassing 1,000 for her career, and added eight assists in a 66-35 region basketball win over Trion.
There always have been two staples of a Gerald Harris-coached Tyner basketball team. Defense and rebounding. Both were prevalent Saturday afternoon.