• Marisa McCalla, Boyd-Buchanan: She had a double and scored three runs in the Lady Bucs' 7-6 District 5-A softball defeat of Silverdale Baptist.
Baylor seniors Ramsey Seagle and Will Hitchcock will sign letters of intent to continue their soccer careers at Transylvania University, an NCAA Division III school in Lexington, Ky.
• Hunter Brown, Grundy County: He pitched a two-hitter with nine strikeouts and scored two runs as the Yellow Jackets shut out Notre Dame in baseball, 5-0.
* Austin Parrish, Ringgold: He hit two home runs, including a grand slam, as the baseball Tigers downed Sonoraville 12-1.
• Sloan Sullivan, Ooltewah: She was 4-for-4 with two doubles and three RBIs as the Lady Owls defeated Bradley Central 14-2 in a six-inning District 5-AAA softball game.
CHICKAMAUGA, Ga. — On the surface, Monday's 10-2 victory over Calhoun was the biggest baseball win of the season for the red-hot Gordon Lee Trojans. Dig deeper and you find a team not ready to put too much weight on one game, even if it was a strong win over a perennial Class AA power.
• Dakota Hudson, Sequatchie County: He struck out 16 and scattered four hits in seven innings as the Indians nipped Chattanooga Christian 2-1 in baseball.
• Jacob Maynard, Bradley Central: He had a home run and a triple and drove in three runs as the Bears edged McMinn County in baseball, 3-2.
Calhoun boys' soccer coach Matt Rice has guided his team to an 8-0 record and a combined score of 58-1.
• Dakota Hudson, Sequatchie County: He threw a 12-strikeout no-hitter with only two walks as the baseball Indians defeated Notre Dame 12-1.
While a few area high school football programs already have finished spring practice, most are still several weeks away from trading offseason weights for preseason pads.
B.J. Rowland, Thomas Delay, Dalton: They won at No. 1 doubles, 6-1 in the first set, but the Catamounts lost 3-2 in Georgia boys' tennis to Alpharetta's River Ridge.
The 23rd Lady Trojan Invitational high school softball tournament will be held this weekend at the Soddy Lake Kids' Park.
Whether for offensive formations, uniform styles, celebration dances or rules changes, it's just a matter of time before decisions affecting professional football trickle down through the college ranks and eventually reach the high school game.
• Jack Bosworth, Chattanooga Christian: He doubled twice and had two RBIs as the Chargers defeated Lookout Valley 11-1 in a five-inning baseball game.