The Georgia Class A baseball power polls for week two were released Tuesday, and Region 6 has seven teams ranked in the top 11 of the public and private school polls.
• Jacob Maynard, Bradley Central: He had a home run and a triple and drove in three runs as the Bears edged McMinn County in baseball, 3-2.
• Dakota Hudson, Sequatchie County: He threw a 12-strikeout no-hitter with only two walks as the baseball Indians defeated Notre Dame 12-1.
B.J. Rowland, Thomas Delay, Dalton: They won at No. 1 doubles, 6-1 in the first set, but the Catamounts lost 3-2 in Georgia boys' tennis to Alpharetta's River Ridge.
The 23rd Lady Trojan Invitational high school softball tournament will be held this weekend at the Soddy Lake Kids' Park.
• Jack Bosworth, Chattanooga Christian: He doubled twice and had two RBIs as the Chargers defeated Lookout Valley 11-1 in a five-inning baseball game.
Coaches don't always welcome letters from the TSSAA, but the one Red Bank track coach Hugh Enicks got recently has opened the door for some unexpected help.
Some of his gray hair may have gone white last weekend, but if drama is what it takes to get the job done, Chattanooga Christian basebal
The rain that washed away Monday's high school sports schedule is playing havoc with the rest of the week as well, at least in baseball. There are three tournaments scheduled this weekend: McMinn Central's Cure for Cancer Classic, South Pit
Northwest Georgia boys' teams went 0-for-4 Saturday night in the second round of the GHSA basketball playoffs, the most heartbreaking defeat being Calhoun's 73-70 loss at home to Manchester.
DALTON, Ga. — Basketball playoff time in northwest Georgia is usually the cruel season for area boys' teams.
• Elizabeth Masengil, McMinn Central: She scored 18 points and took home the tournament MVP as McMinn Central won the District 5-AA championship over Sequoyah, 58-48.
CALHOUN, Ga. — A quick glance at the bracket for the Georgia Class AAA girls' state basketball tournament reveals the usual suspects in the usual positions.
Brooke Copeland, Bradley Central: She had 19 points and 15 rebounds in the Bearettes' 51-42 5-AAA championship win over Cleveland.
* Lakelyn Bouldin, Van Buren County: She had 37 points in the Eaglettes' 71-55 win over Richard Hardy in a District 6-A basketball tournament semifinal win at Sale Creek.