* Dakota Hooker, Sale Creek: He pitched a one-hitter and went 2-for-4 when the Panthers beat Arts & Sciences in baseball.
As coach Jason Lanham said, Monday was a good day to be a Trion Bulldog.
• Marisa McCalla, Boyd-Buchanan: She had a double and scored three runs in the Lady Bucs' 7-6 District 5-A softball defeat of Silverdale Baptist.
• Hunter Brown, Grundy County: He pitched a two-hitter with nine strikeouts and scored two runs as the Yellow Jackets shut out Notre Dame in baseball, 5-0.
• Sloan Sullivan, Ooltewah: She was 4-for-4 with two doubles and three RBIs as the Lady Owls defeated Bradley Central 14-2 in a six-inning District 5-AAA softball game.
• Dakota Hudson, Sequatchie County: He struck out 16 and scattered four hits in seven innings as the Indians nipped Chattanooga Christian 2-1 in baseball.
• Jacob Maynard, Bradley Central: He had a home run and a triple and drove in three runs as the Bears edged McMinn County in baseball, 3-2.
• Dakota Hudson, Sequatchie County: He threw a 12-strikeout no-hitter with only two walks as the baseball Indians defeated Notre Dame 12-1.
B.J. Rowland, Thomas Delay, Dalton: They won at No. 1 doubles, 6-1 in the first set, but the Catamounts lost 3-2 in Georgia boys' tennis to Alpharetta's River Ridge.
The 23rd Lady Trojan Invitational high school softball tournament will be held this weekend at the Soddy Lake Kids' Park.
• Jack Bosworth, Chattanooga Christian: He doubled twice and had two RBIs as the Chargers defeated Lookout Valley 11-1 in a five-inning baseball game.
Coaches don't always welcome letters from the TSSAA, but the one Red Bank track coach Hugh Enicks got recently has opened the door for some unexpected help.
Some of his gray hair may have gone white last weekend, but if drama is what it takes to get the job done, Chattanooga Christian basebal
After watching former standout Luis Salazar score 76 goals in a three-year career, Dalton soccer coach Matt Cheaves didn't believe it was possible for anybody to top that record in a three-year span.
The rain that washed away Monday's high school sports schedule is playing havoc with the rest of the week as well, at least in baseball. There are three tournaments scheduled this weekend: McMinn Central's Cure for Cancer Classic, South Pit