DALTON, Ga. — Dalton senior William Duffie devised a practice plan for the Catamounts golfers that wouldn't agree with most high school students.
Chattanooga Christian high school principal and soccer coach Shawn Brower recently announced his resignation, effective at the end of the season.
• Hagen Wilkey, Red Bank: He pitched a 10-strikeout no-hitter as the Lions took a 10-0 District 6-AA baseball victory from East Ridge.
* Dakota Hooker, Sale Creek: He pitched a one-hitter and went 2-for-4 when the Panthers beat Arts & Sciences in baseball.
As coach Jason Lanham said, Monday was a good day to be a Trion Bulldog.
DALTON, Ga. — Team meetings are a regular occurrence in baseball. Some work, some backfire and some lead to more meetings.
• Marisa McCalla, Boyd-Buchanan: She had a double and scored three runs in the Lady Bucs' 7-6 District 5-A softball defeat of Silverdale Baptist.
Baylor seniors Ramsey Seagle and Will Hitchcock will sign letters of intent to continue their soccer careers at Transylvania University, an NCAA Division III school in Lexington, Ky.
• Hunter Brown, Grundy County: He pitched a two-hitter with nine strikeouts and scored two runs as the Yellow Jackets shut out Notre Dame in baseball, 5-0.
• Sloan Sullivan, Ooltewah: She was 4-for-4 with two doubles and three RBIs as the Lady Owls defeated Bradley Central 14-2 in a six-inning District 5-AAA softball game.
Heritage senior cross country standout Natalie Espinoza-Hensley recently signed to continue her running career at new area NAIA member Dalton State College.
• Dakota Hudson, Sequatchie County: He struck out 16 and scattered four hits in seven innings as the Indians nipped Chattanooga Christian 2-1 in baseball.
• Jacob Maynard, Bradley Central: He had a home run and a triple and drove in three runs as the Bears edged McMinn County in baseball, 3-2.
Calhoun boys' soccer coach Matt Rice has guided his team to an 8-0 record and a combined score of 58-1.
• Dakota Hudson, Sequatchie County: He threw a 12-strikeout no-hitter with only two walks as the baseball Indians defeated Notre Dame 12-1.