• Sloan Sullivan, Ooltewah: She was 4-for-4 with two doubles and three RBIs as the Lady Owls defeated Bradley Central 14-2 in a six-inning District 5-AAA softball game.
• Dakota Hudson, Sequatchie County: He struck out 16 and scattered four hits in seven innings as the Indians nipped Chattanooga Christian 2-1 in baseball.
DECATUR, Tenn. — For six innings Kyle Carden was virtually untouchable.
• Jacob Maynard, Bradley Central: He had a home run and a triple and drove in three runs as the Bears edged McMinn County in baseball, 3-2.
• Dakota Hudson, Sequatchie County: He threw a 12-strikeout no-hitter with only two walks as the baseball Indians defeated Notre Dame 12-1.
* Jim Cardwell, Boyd-Buchanan: He went 3-for-4 with a double and scored twice as the Buccaneers beat Rockwood 8-5 in baseball.
B.J. Rowland, Thomas Delay, Dalton: They won at No. 1 doubles, 6-1 in the first set, but the Catamounts lost 3-2 in Georgia boys' tennis to Alpharetta's River Ridge.
The 23rd Lady Trojan Invitational high school softball tournament will be held this weekend at the Soddy Lake Kids' Park.
Whether for offensive formations, uniform styles, celebration dances or rules changes, it's just a matter of time before decisions affecting professional football trickle down through the college ranks and eventually reach the high school game.
• Jack Bosworth, Chattanooga Christian: He doubled twice and had two RBIs as the Chargers defeated Lookout Valley 11-1 in a five-inning baseball game.
Coaches don't always welcome letters from the TSSAA, but the one Red Bank track coach Hugh Enicks got recently has opened the door for some unexpected help.
Some of his gray hair may have gone white last weekend, but if drama is what it takes to get the job done, Chattanooga Christian basebal
* Matthew Brock, McCallie: He homered twice and drove in four runs in the Blue Tornado's 9-2 victory over St. Benedict in the Scenic City Classic baseball tournament.
* Allison Meadows, Silverdale Baptist Academy: She went 2-for-2 with a triple and scored twice as the Lady Seahawks edged Grace Academy 7-6 in the Lady Wildcats March Madness softball tournament at Hixson. It was Silverdale's first win over District 5-A rival Grace in the varsity program's eight-year history.
The rain that washed away Monday's high school sports schedule is playing havoc with the rest of the week as well, at least in baseball. There are three tournaments scheduled this weekend: McMinn Central's Cure for Cancer Classic, South Pit