Devan Cyree (Tullahoma) major dec. Andrew Long (Ravenwood), 14-0; Luke Mullin (Notre Dame) pinned Matthew Kieta (Pigeon Forge), 4:40; Toribio Navarro (Bradley Central) major dec. Nathan Carter (Cordova), 9-0; Kevin Knier (West Creek) tech. fall over Ronardo Bussey (Howard), 15-0, 3:35.
Thursday at Williamson County Agricultural Expo
• Erin Hill, Sale Creek: She filled up the stat sheet with 28 points, 11 rebounds, five assists, three steals and three blocks in a 65-51 basketball win over South Pittsburg.
• Max Miller, McMinn Central: With 20 points, he scored one point less than a third of the Chargers' total in a 61-48 basketball win at Arts & Science.
Rhea County head basketball coach Mike Phillips envisioned two options for senior guard Jalen Smith on the last play of Tuesday's 73-70 victory over Cleveland.
When Andy Kelly and then Jason Fitzgerald were finishing their Rhea County High School football careers, ESPN was a still-learning-to-walk cable network and the Internet was even less of a commodity.
* Mike Bowman, Ridgeland: The four-star recruit at wide receiver signed with Alabama.
• Stedmon Ford, Notre Dame: The high-scoring senior lit up Signal Mountain with 36 points in a 75-56 win.
• Jacob Campbell, Grundy County: He hit 10 3-pointers in a 38-point night as the Yellow Jackets outdistanced Marion County 97-67 in basketball.
* Bailey Crowder, Sale Creek: She scored 13 points in the Lady Panthers' 57-31 basketball victory over Cleveland Christian.
Katelyn Lee, Gordon Lee: Her 18 points led the Lady Trojans to a 72-24 basketball defeat of Excel Christian.
Who are absolute favorites for Tennessee state duals wrestling championships this weekend? Defending champions?
• Kassidy Blevins, Gordon Lee: The Lady Trojans senior scored 14 points, surpassing 1,000 for her career, and added eight assists in a 66-35 region basketball win over Trion.
Teodora Zaagorac, Hamilton Heights: With 23 points, she elbowed Hamilton Heights past The Rock School of Florida, 40-39.
• Sara Griffith, GPS: She bowled a 684 series as the Bruisers beat Donelson Christian Academy 20-7 and had games of 203 and 192 in a 20-7 win over Father Ryan as the 2012 Division II state champions sealed their return to the state tournament. • Emileigh Swafford, Meigs County: Her 25 points included three 3-point baskets in the Lady Tigers' 94-43 basketball defeat of Silverdale Baptist Academy. • Rebecca Reuter, Bradley Central: She scored 16 points in leading the 17-1 Bearettes past archrival Cleveland, 56-21.