• Marisa McCalla, Boyd-Buchanan: She had a double and scored three runs in the Lady Bucs' 7-6 District 5-A softball defeat of Silverdale Baptist.
• Hunter Brown, Grundy County: He pitched a two-hitter with nine strikeouts and scored two runs as the Yellow Jackets shut out Notre Dame in baseball, 5-0.
After losing Friday night to Southern Wesleyan, Lee University used a three-run fifth inning to beat the South Carolina team 3-2 in the first game of Saturday's Southern States Athletic Conference baseball doubleheader and then erupted for an 11-1 victory more befitting of the NAIA's No. 1-ranked team.
* Austin Parrish, Ringgold: He hit two home runs, including a grand slam, as the baseball Tigers downed Sonoraville 12-1.
• Sloan Sullivan, Ooltewah: She was 4-for-4 with two doubles and three RBIs as the Lady Owls defeated Bradley Central 14-2 in a six-inning District 5-AAA softball game.
• Dakota Hudson, Sequatchie County: He struck out 16 and scattered four hits in seven innings as the Indians nipped Chattanooga Christian 2-1 in baseball.
Tyler Massey got his first big league home run last week.
The Georgia Class A baseball power polls for week two were released Tuesday, and Region 6 has seven teams ranked in the top 11 of the public and private school polls.
• Jacob Maynard, Bradley Central: He had a home run and a triple and drove in three runs as the Bears edged McMinn County in baseball, 3-2.
• Dakota Hudson, Sequatchie County: He threw a 12-strikeout no-hitter with only two walks as the baseball Indians defeated Notre Dame 12-1.
* Blake Layne, Baylor: He went 4-for-4 with two doubles and scored two runs in the Red Raiders' 8-3 baseball win at Montgomery Bell Academy.
RINGGOLD, Ga. — Facing his team's biggest region rival on the road, Cartersville High School baseball coach Stuart Chester knew exactly whom he wanted on the mound Thursday.
CALHOUN, Ga. — On a night when his team needed a wakeup call, Ringgold High School senior Austin Parrish let his bat do the talking.
B.J. Rowland, Thomas Delay, Dalton: They won at No. 1 doubles, 6-1 in the first set, but the Catamounts lost 3-2 in Georgia boys' tennis to Alpharetta's River Ridge.
The 23rd Lady Trojan Invitational high school softball tournament will be held this weekend at the Soddy Lake Kids' Park.