• Jack Bosworth, Chattanooga Christian: He doubled twice and had two RBIs as the Chargers defeated Lookout Valley 11-1 in a five-inning baseball game.
Twenty-one outs. Twenty-one guaranteed opportunities to impact a high school baseball game. Numerous ways to approach those at-bats, and several outcomes that are positive.
Coaches don't always welcome letters from the TSSAA, but the one Red Bank track coach Hugh Enicks got recently has opened the door for some unexpected help.
Some of his gray hair may have gone white last weekend, but if drama is what it takes to get the job done, Chattanooga Christian basebal
* Allison Meadows, Silverdale Baptist Academy: She went 2-for-2 with a triple and scored twice as the Lady Seahawks edged Grace Academy 7-6 in the Lady Wildcats March Madness softball tournament at Hixson. It was Silverdale's first win over District 5-A rival Grace in the varsity program's eight-year history.
RINGGOLD, Ga. — Brent Tucker has had more than a few run-ins with umpires, but the Ringgold High School baseball coach never has had one more interesting than Thursday night in a 4-3 win at Catoosa County rival Heritage.
The rain that washed away Monday's high school sports schedule is playing havoc with the rest of the week as well, at least in baseball. There are three tournaments scheduled this weekend: McMinn Central's Cure for Cancer Classic, South Pit
• Elizabeth Masengil, McMinn Central: She scored 18 points and took home the tournament MVP as McMinn Central won the District 5-AA championship over Sequoyah, 58-48.
Brooke Copeland, Bradley Central: She had 19 points and 15 rebounds in the Bearettes' 51-42 5-AAA championship win over Cleveland.
RINGGOLD, Ga. — As Brent Tucker put his Ringgold High School baseball team through the paces on a 35-degree Saturday afternoon, the coach of one of the most accomplished programs in Georgia allowed himself to take in the moment.
Devan Cyree (Tullahoma) major dec. Andrew Long (Ravenwood), 14-0; Luke Mullin (Notre Dame) pinned Matthew Kieta (Pigeon Forge), 4:40; Toribio Navarro (Bradley Central) major dec. Nathan Carter (Cordova), 9-0; Kevin Knier (West Creek) tech. fall over Ronardo Bussey (Howard), 15-0, 3:35.
Thursday at Williamson County Agricultural Expo
• Erin Hill, Sale Creek: She filled up the stat sheet with 28 points, 11 rebounds, five assists, three steals and three blocks in a 65-51 basketball win over South Pittsburg.
Monday was the first day that Georgia high schools could play tennis matches this year.
• Max Miller, McMinn Central: With 20 points, he scored one point less than a third of the Chargers' total in a 61-48 basketball win at Arts & Science.