The eyes of Tennessee's high school sports rules makers are on Texas.
In a move to help high school football players around the state get acclimated to the heat before full-contact practice begins, the TSSAA Board of Control has approved a recommendation to move up the date of the first day football teams can practice in helmets and shoulder pads by one week.
Chris Kemp may have given his club a leg up on the rest of the major league baseball teams when the annual player draft resumes after lunch today.
Memorable TSSAA Spring Fling performances by area athletes and teams
Just a couple of months after hiring one prep coaching icon to take over its football program, Sequatchie County High School has added another legend to its staff.
While traditional spring sports such as baseball, softball and track are winding down, the Southern tradition of spring football practice is just kicking off at many tri-state area schools.
In the stroke of a single day, Bledsoe County went from being in position for its first district baseball championship in more than two decades to hosting a District 7-AA playoff game Thursday afternoon.
• Hannah Morrison, Marion County: She hit a home run in a 5-1 softball defeat of Whitwell.
* Katie Delay, Boyd-Buchanan: She won at No. 1 singles and No. 1 doubles when the Lady Bucs beat Silverdale Baptist Academy 9-0 in girls' tennis.
* Thatcher Smith, Boyd-Buchanan: He was 4-for-5 with two RBIs in the Bucs' 8-7 baseball win over Silverdale.
• Preston Reavis, Sale Creek: He hit a home run and knocked in three runs during the Panthers' 15-1 baseball win over Van Buren County
Chattanooga Christian high school principal and soccer coach Shawn Brower recently announced his resignation, effective at the end of the season.
• Hagen Wilkey, Red Bank: He pitched a 10-strikeout no-hitter as the Lions took a 10-0 District 6-AA baseball victory from East Ridge.
Former Brainerd High School head football coach Stanley Jackson has been hired as an assistant at Boyd-Buchanan.
As coach Jason Lanham said, Monday was a good day to be a Trion Bulldog.