As coach Jason Lanham said, Monday was a good day to be a Trion Bulldog.
• Marisa McCalla, Boyd-Buchanan: She had a double and scored three runs in the Lady Bucs' 7-6 District 5-A softball defeat of Silverdale Baptist.
• Hunter Brown, Grundy County: He pitched a two-hitter with nine strikeouts and scored two runs as the Yellow Jackets shut out Notre Dame in baseball, 5-0.
Three softball teams are hosting breast-cancer-awareness fundraisers in the Chattanooga area each of the next three days, beginning today with East Ridge hosting Signal Mountain at 5 p.m.
A tournament is often an opportune time for coaches to get a look at their future, and Signal Mountain's Bumper Reese had to like what he saw Saturday.
* Duncan Coffey, Polk County: He went 3-for-4 with a home run and two RBIs as the Wildcats beat Cleveland 4-2 in baseball.
* Austin Parrish, Ringgold: He hit two home runs, including a grand slam, as the baseball Tigers downed Sonoraville 12-1.
After pitching on Monday, Braxton Reese is sore on Tuesday.
Central High School has a new house for its diamond programs.
• Sloan Sullivan, Ooltewah: She was 4-for-4 with two doubles and three RBIs as the Lady Owls defeated Bradley Central 14-2 in a six-inning District 5-AAA softball game.
• Dakota Hudson, Sequatchie County: He struck out 16 and scattered four hits in seven innings as the Indians nipped Chattanooga Christian 2-1 in baseball.
Silverdale Baptist Academy didn't have to go far to find its new girls' basketball coach.
• Jacob Maynard, Bradley Central: He had a home run and a triple and drove in three runs as the Bears edged McMinn County in baseball, 3-2.
• Dakota Hudson, Sequatchie County: He threw a 12-strikeout no-hitter with only two walks as the baseball Indians defeated Notre Dame 12-1.