• Hannah Morrison, Marion County: She hit a home run in a 5-1 softball defeat of Whitwell.
By the end of next month, South Pittsburg's Jake Stone and Silverdale Baptist's Spencer Mossburg will have accumulated 12 varsity sports letters.
Boyd-Buchanan scored four seventh-inning runs for an improbable 8-7 baseball victory Thursday over Silverdale Baptist Academy.
* Thatcher Smith, Boyd-Buchanan: He was 4-for-5 with two RBIs in the Bucs' 8-7 baseball win over Silverdale.
• Preston Reavis, Sale Creek: He hit a home run and knocked in three runs during the Panthers' 15-1 baseball win over Van Buren County
Chattanooga Christian high school principal and soccer coach Shawn Brower recently announced his resignation, effective at the end of the season.
• Hagen Wilkey, Red Bank: He pitched a 10-strikeout no-hitter as the Lions took a 10-0 District 6-AA baseball victory from East Ridge.
Silverdale Baptist Academy sophomore Allison Meadows was back in her favorite environment Tuesday.
* Dakota Hooker, Sale Creek: He pitched a one-hitter and went 2-for-4 when the Panthers beat Arts & Sciences in baseball.
As coach Jason Lanham said, Monday was a good day to be a Trion Bulldog.
• Marisa McCalla, Boyd-Buchanan: She had a double and scored three runs in the Lady Bucs' 7-6 District 5-A softball defeat of Silverdale Baptist.
• Hunter Brown, Grundy County: He pitched a two-hitter with nine strikeouts and scored two runs as the Yellow Jackets shut out Notre Dame in baseball, 5-0.
* Duncan Coffey, Polk County: He went 3-for-4 with a home run and two RBIs as the Wildcats beat Cleveland 4-2 in baseball.
* Austin Parrish, Ringgold: He hit two home runs, including a grand slam, as the baseball Tigers downed Sonoraville 12-1.
• Sloan Sullivan, Ooltewah: She was 4-for-4 with two doubles and three RBIs as the Lady Owls defeated Bradley Central 14-2 in a six-inning District 5-AAA softball game.