• Hunter Brown, Grundy County: He pitched a two-hitter with nine strikeouts and scored two runs as the Yellow Jackets shut out Notre Dame in baseball, 5-0.
* Austin Parrish, Ringgold: He hit two home runs, including a grand slam, as the baseball Tigers downed Sonoraville 12-1.
• Sloan Sullivan, Ooltewah: She was 4-for-4 with two doubles and three RBIs as the Lady Owls defeated Bradley Central 14-2 in a six-inning District 5-AAA softball game.
• Dakota Hudson, Sequatchie County: He struck out 16 and scattered four hits in seven innings as the Indians nipped Chattanooga Christian 2-1 in baseball.
• Jacob Maynard, Bradley Central: He had a home run and a triple and drove in three runs as the Bears edged McMinn County in baseball, 3-2.
• Dakota Hudson, Sequatchie County: He threw a 12-strikeout no-hitter with only two walks as the baseball Indians defeated Notre Dame 12-1.
Like most teams in the Chattanooga area, Boyd-Buchanan has had its fill of cold and inclement weather.
* Blake Layne, Baylor: He went 4-for-4 with two doubles and scored two runs in the Red Raiders' 8-3 baseball win at Montgomery Bell Academy.
* Jim Cardwell, Boyd-Buchanan: He went 3-for-4 with a double and scored twice as the Buccaneers beat Rockwood 8-5 in baseball.
While a few area high school football programs already have finished spring practice, most are still several weeks away from trading offseason weights for preseason pads.
B.J. Rowland, Thomas Delay, Dalton: They won at No. 1 doubles, 6-1 in the first set, but the Catamounts lost 3-2 in Georgia boys' tennis to Alpharetta's River Ridge.
The 23rd Lady Trojan Invitational high school softball tournament will be held this weekend at the Soddy Lake Kids' Park.
Barely two months after accepting the offer to become South Pittsburg High School's football coach, Ricky Ross has informed athletic director Vic Grider and Marion County schools superintendent Mark Griffith that he no longer will head the program.
Barely two months after accepting the offer to become South Pittsburg’s new football coach, Ricky Ross has informed school athletic director Vic Grider and Marion County schools superintendent Mark Griffith that he will no longer head the program.
• Jack Bosworth, Chattanooga Christian: He doubled twice and had two RBIs as the Chargers defeated Lookout Valley 11-1 in a five-inning baseball game.