• Marisa McCalla, Boyd-Buchanan: She had a double and scored three runs in the Lady Bucs' 7-6 District 5-A softball defeat of Silverdale Baptist.
CLEVELAND, Tenn. — There were times in Monday's District 5-AAA high school softball game at Walker Valley when the Lady Mustangs had a hard time catching the ball.
• Hunter Brown, Grundy County: He pitched a two-hitter with nine strikeouts and scored two runs as the Yellow Jackets shut out Notre Dame in baseball, 5-0.
It was ladies night Friday at the annual Optimist Track Meet at Walker Valley High School, as several area girls either won multiple events or set records.
* Austin Parrish, Ringgold: He hit two home runs, including a grand slam, as the baseball Tigers downed Sonoraville 12-1.
CLEVELAND, Tenn. — No more impossible dream.
• Sloan Sullivan, Ooltewah: She was 4-for-4 with two doubles and three RBIs as the Lady Owls defeated Bradley Central 14-2 in a six-inning District 5-AAA softball game.
• Dakota Hudson, Sequatchie County: He struck out 16 and scattered four hits in seven innings as the Indians nipped Chattanooga Christian 2-1 in baseball.
Walker Valley's Lady Mustangs can't say they were in charge over Soddy-Daisy from the first pitch Tuesday, but they can from the second.
• Jacob Maynard, Bradley Central: He had a home run and a triple and drove in three runs as the Bears edged McMinn County in baseball, 3-2.
B.J. Rowland, Thomas Delay, Dalton: They won at No. 1 doubles, 6-1 in the first set, but the Catamounts lost 3-2 in Georgia boys' tennis to Alpharetta's River Ridge.
The 23rd Lady Trojan Invitational high school softball tournament will be held this weekend at the Soddy Lake Kids' Park.
CLEVELAND, Tenn. — As positvely as things went for Walker Valley in its District 5-AAA high school softball home game Thursday, things were equally negative for Ooltewah.
Some of his gray hair may have gone white last weekend, but if drama is what it takes to get the job done, Chattanooga Christian basebal
* Colton Rogers, Silverdale Baptist: He struck out 10 in a 9-1 baseball win over Lookout Valley.