For games of Aug. 17-18
(Coaches are invited to make nominations. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 2 p.m. each Sunday.)
* Baylor: Finally shaking the trauma of a 2011 leg injury, junior George Porter gave Red Raiders fans hope for 2012 with a four-TD, 194-yard rushing performance in their 44-7 win at Soddy-Daisy.
* Bledsoe County: Gabe Frady ran for 49 yards, caught nine passes for 81 yards and led the team with six tackles in their come-from-behind, 28-27 victory over visiting Cumberland County.
* Brainerd: Sam Caffey ran for 32 yards and passed for 18, but the Panthers were overwhelmed 32-0 by Ooltewah.
* Boyd-Buchanan: Quarterback Jim Cardwell ran for one TD and passed for another plus a two-point conversion as the Buccaneers rolled up 315 yards of offense in a 41-0 shutout of Chattanooga Christian.
* Bradley Central: Logan Fetzner got 15 touches and made the difference as the Bears broke from a 14-7 halftime lead to a 31-7 win over host Polk County. Fetzner finished with 235 yards and two TDs.
* Chattanooga Christian: Levi Corbett completed 21 of 33 passes with no interceptions for 226 yards, but the Chargers fell 41-0 to Boyd-Buchanan.
* Cleveland: Quarterback Austin Herink completed 39 of 55 throws for 371 yards, but the Blue Raiders, victimized by a strong running game, lost 41-17 to Maryville at Alcoa.
* Copper Basin: Dylan Boggs ran for 122 yards and passed for 122, accounting for four TDs in the Cougars' 41-8 victory over Whitwell.
* East Hamilton: Logan Jackson averaged 10 yards per carry while gaining 185 and scoring five touchdowns in a stunning 55-14 victory over Signal Mountain.
* East Ridge: Torrey Hughes got just 11 carries but accounted for 122 yards and a TD in the Pioneers' 20-10 loss to visiting Walker Valley.
* Grace Academy: Will Slack ran for 131 of the Golden Eagles' 297 rushing yards, but special-teams play let them down in a 52-13 loss to Notre Dame.
* Grundy County: Josh Ray hooked up with Trevor Hampton for three touchdowns and 123 yards, but the Yellow Jackets failed to convert two of their three point-after kicks in a 20-19 loss to Marion County.
* Marion County: Blake Zeman, picking up where he left off a year ago, led the Warriors to a home win over Grundy County, one of their major rivals, with a three-TD performance. Zeman's final score in the third quarter lifted the Warriors to a 20-19 lead, which they held the rest of the way. He finished with 155 yards on 16 carries.
* Notre Dame: Special-teams play was especially good for the Irish, in particular Auston Banks. While he scored his first TD on a 15-yard run, he also returned a punt 70 yards and a kickoff 83 yards to finish with three scores in the 52-13 home win over Grace Academy.
* Ooltewah: Brody Binder threw two TD passes, completing eight throws, as a stuttering Owls offense provided 30 of the team's points in a 32-0 shutout of Brainerd.
* Polk County: Burly fullback Zach Miller carried would-be tacklers along as he ran for 103 yards on 19 carries, but the Wildcats lost 31-7 to visiting Bradley Central.
* Rhea County: Jeremy Moffett had an interception that stymied a Powell scoring drive, but the Golden Eagles dropped the road game 14-6.
* Sequatchie County: Jackson Hamblen scored on a 25-yard run, but the Indians dropped their opener 40-6 at York Institute.
* Signal Mountain: Reese Phillips completed 16 of 34 passes with one interception for 134 yards and a TD in the Eagles' 55-14 loss to East Hamilton.
* Silverdale Baptist: Matt McCulley ran for 147 yards on 20 carries and scored the Seahawks' first TD in their 20-7 win at Clay County.
* Soddy-Daisy: C.J. Blue scored the Trojans' TD and rushed 13 times for 61 yards in a 44-7 home loss to Baylor.
* Walker Valley: Gabe Cartwright scored a TD and ran 19 times for 102 yards as the Mustangs snapped a 16-game losing streak and presented first-year coach Glen Ryan with his first win as head coach of the Cleveland school.
* Whitwell: Dusty McHone picked up 137 yards on 16 carries, including a 59-yard scoring run, but the Tigers lost 41-8 at Copper Basin.